Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Lily Collection

I have been spending a lot of time with Lily, my little girl.  Mostly because she is my little girl, but also because my hubby has been gone for quite a while.  Military, eh.  She is teaching me a great many things.  The first is adaptability.  I made her a cape for Halloween.  It was epic.  She was Little Red Riding Hood.

Super cute, yeah.  Well, Halloween is over and I'm not in the habit of making her many things to wear, so she decided to take that little cape to the next level.  Instead of being sad she couldn't be Little Red any more, she became a super hero.
For the past month and a half I have a tiny human running through my house yelling "TO THE RESCUE."  She never seems to rescue anything.  Watching her run in that though reminds me of when the hobbits were running for the little raft in the first Lord of the Rings movie.

Speaking of small and tiny humans.  I have also learned from her that it is never a good idea to take technology for granted.  She and I went to the commissary recently.  Lily likes to walk in the grocery instead of riding in the cart.  So, instead of walking to the cart return next to the front doors, she heads into the building. 
I wasn't really worried about her walking a few feet in front of me until I realized just how bad of an idea sending a 3 foot tall 30 lb kid through automatic doors.  Instead of freaking out when the doors started closing just as she was standing in between the closing doors, I ran pushing the cart I had hoping the sensor would see me coming and open before Lily got mashed.


I did make it in time.  No mashed baby, and she was still clueless about the nature of these evil doors.  Judging by the horrified look on the face of the woman I almost ran into, the above illustration isn't what she saw.  She may have believed her presence saved a little girls life.  Surely, the following illustration is what she thought she saw.


Well, she may have thought she saved Lily's life, and that's OK.  I'm not going to act like I haven't wanted to mow Lily down with a shopping cart.  I would never do such a thing.  I do get frustrated with her.  Especially lately.  With her daddy gone on military work, she has become very needy and clingy.  I feel like every few seconds I hear her calling my name.  Rather, she's calling my "Mama" name.  I've told her before I'm going to change my name to something she can't pronounce. 

Never mind how obnoxious or attention hungry she may seem, I do love every minute with her.  Unless it's minute 9872348295.93.  In which case, you may refer to the above illustration.

1 comment:

  1. <3 sorry she's going insane. lol bear with it and Ian and I will be back by the beginning of next year and I'll baby sit. :D

    ReplyDelete