Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Keep Your Excitement Under Control

I know it can be difficult for one to contain one's excitement.  Sometimes that excitement becomes apparent to those around you.  When that happens, it is possible that the situation can become awkward, embarrassing, or as I'm about to illustrate for you, shocking. 

I'm a good cook.  I'm not an Iron Chef, but for a home cook, I can do magic.  My non-biological sister came to visit me recently and I had made a pumpkin pie.  Let's watch as the scene unwinds.


After watching a bit of Iron Chef (the original one), we headed to the kitchen in a team effort to secure a piece of pie for each of us.


We grab some of the necessary supplies, like plates and forks, but she was standing in front of my knife drawer.  I have no problem asking for help when I need it, so I asked her to grab a knife for me to slice us some pumpkin pie.

Watch closely, here you're going to see her excitement hit a high note and become apparent (not that I blame her; even my pie crust recipe is flawless).


After the initial shock of seeing her with a knife fit for a 2 lb steak mean for a pie you could cut with an uncooked noodle, I laughed so hard I cried.

Moral:  Keep your excitement at a low simmer or uncontainable laughter will ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment