Friday, October 22, 2010

Unbelievable Pain + Super Gross = Pink Eye

When you have a cold or other mild illness, people may joke and say "stay away from me" or "you better not get me sick" all the while wearing a smile on their faces.  However, I am here to tell you pink eye is the new leprosy.  Everyone looks at you with pained faces, ask you if you know your eye is blood shot, and some even get teary eyed themselves.  Even gross things like bugs and hobos look at you as though you need a bag over your head.  While it isn't usually a good idea to "go pirate," here on my third day of hell that is pink eye, rocking a pirate patch doesn't seem like such a horrible idea.  I look like I have been crying for three days straight.  Oh, wait...I have.
Nothing goes right when you have pink eye.  I'm afraid to go near my child for fear of contaminating her, but my "neglect" is making her sad.  Vicious cycles of guilt, pain, and runny eyes and nose plague my every minute.  I also have the flu.   I don't remember how, but I must have made God very angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment